Instant Scenery is a well established premier gardening, garden design and grounds maintenance company offering a wide range of Horticultural and gardening services across Worcestershire. Our enthusiastic team are passionate about creating great gardens for our Clients and due to our continued and sustained growth, we are always looking for passionate and driven candidates to join our ever expanding team.
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and would love to hear from anyone who displays a strong, professional work ethic.
We believe in investing into young people and offer an apprenticeship scheme to train and develop anyone who is interested in getting into the industry.
Grounds Maintenance Apprenticeships
Our apprentices work as part of the maintenance team and are responsible for maintaining both commercial and domestic clients grounds.
Our goal is to provide long term employment with career progression and personal development while providing the right training. We are looking for someone who is aged 19-23 with the right attitude and personal attributes to become an integral part of Instant Scenery.
- To carry out numerous gardening duties within the client’s gardens and commercial grounds while working with and under the supervision of other ground maintenance team members.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and other horticultural machinery including petrol lawn mowers, petrol hedge cutters, strimmers and ride on mowers.
- Soil cultivation, digging, weeding, pruning, lawn maintenance, mulching, and plant maintenance.
- To help keep the clients grounds maintained to an extremely high horticultural standard while working as part of a team.
- Communicating with clients verbally to understand the needs of the customer and the tasks to be undertaken in a polite and professional manner.
- To undergo specialist Horticultural training as required.
- To drive a company vehicle to clients grounds/gardens, keeping neat and tidy and maintaining the tools within that vehicle.
- Work closely with and liaise with team leader regarding daily tasks and undertakings.
There are many benefits of becoming an apprentice with Instant Scenery. These include:
- Horticultural training through Pershore Horticultural College
- Work based training and learning within an established gardening company
- Company funded training for application of pesticides (PA1 & PA6)
- Although apprenticeship wages start at £3.30 per hour we are willing to pay the right candidate up to national minimum wage (up to £6.70)
- Seasonal bonuses and incentives for meeting and exceeding targets and high working standards.
- A work based pension scheme
- Paid Holiday and Bank Holidays on a pro rata basis
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Employment contract
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Able to work well as a member of a team
- Math’s A-C grade at GCSE or equivalent qualification
- English A-C grade at GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Full clean driving license
- A friendly, enthusiastic and motivated individual who works well as a part of a team
- A positive ambitious person who is keen to learn with an interest in Horticulture
- A person who wishes to develop a career and progress within Instant Scenery
- You must have reliability, punctuality and honesty
If you are interested in this position and have the right qualities to join the team and take up this exciting opportunity then please fill in the below application form explaining why you are the perfect candidate to join the team.