Grounds Maintenance team member/ Apprentice
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work within an expanding premier garden design & maintenance company based in Worcestershire. You will work as part of the maintenance team and be responsible for maintaining both commercial and domestic clients grounds to an extremely high standard.
An apprentice is required to learn horticultural skills and work within a team responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of a number of both private domestic gardens and commercial grounds within Worcestershire.
- To carry out numerous gardening duties within the client’s gardens and commercial grounds while working with and under the supervision of other ground maintenance team members.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and other horticultural machinery including petrol lawn mowers, petrol hedge cutters, strimmers and ride on mowers.
- Soil cultivation, digging, weeding, pruning, lawn maintenance, mulching, and plant maintenance.
- To help keep the clients grounds maintained to an extremely high horticultural standard while working as part of a team.
- Communicating with clients verbally to understand the needs of the customer and the tasks to be undertaken in a polite and professional manner.
- To undergo specialist Horticultural training as required.
- To drive a company vehicle to clients grounds/gardens, keeping neat and tidy and maintaining the tools within that vehicle.
- Work closely with and liaise with team leader regarding daily tasks and undertakings.
Health & Safety.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of Health and Safety policy.
- Report any faulty, damaged equipment or any potential hazards to team leader.
- Promote safe working practices within Instant Scenery and the grounds of clients.
Instant Scenery is an established premier garden design and grounds maintenance company offering a wide range of horticultural and gardening services across Worcestershire. Our enthusiastic team is passionate about creating and maintaining great gardens for people. We pride ourselves in delivering expert customer service along side a high professional work ethic, which we feel, sets us apart from our competitors.
We are looking to develop an important member of the team and a full time position will be available upon completion of the apprenticeship with opportunities to progress within an ambitious company. We want to also develop a close working relationship and a great team spirit with the successful candidate while recognising their contributions to our continued success. The benefits for the successful apprentice will include
- Horticultural training through Pershore Horticultural College
- Work based training and learning within an established gardening company
- Company funded training for application of pesticides (PA1 & PA6)
- Although apprenticeship wages start at £3.30 per hour we are willing to pay the right candidate minimum wage (up to £6.70)
- Seasonal bonuses and incentives for meeting and exceeding targets and high working standards.
- A work based pension scheme
- Paid Holiday and Bank Holidays on a pro rata basis
- Uniform and Personal protective equipment
- Employment contract
What we are looking for
Our goal is to provide long term employment with career progression and personal development while providing the right training. We are looking for someone who is aged 19-23 with the right attitude and personal attributes to become an integral part of Instant scenery.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Able to work well as a member of a team
- Math’s A-C grade at GCSE or equivalent qualification
- English A-C grade at GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Full clean driving license
- A friendly, enthusiastic and motivated individual who works well as a part of a team
- A positive ambitious person who is keen to learn with an interest in Horticulture
- A person who wishes to develop a career and progress within Instant Scenery
- You must have reliability, punctuality and honesty
If you are interested in this position and have the right qualities to join the team and take up this exciting opportunity then please email email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate to join the team.